The Stylus continues to be in more & more pieces.
I discovered that the reason the seats weren't mounted propely, is that when you do mount them properly - they don't fit. I bought the roll bar back from the powdercoaters & put it in place, tried to fit a seat & the headrest hits the roll bar long before the seat is far enough back for my legs. I considered this for a while. I considered putting the Stylus seats in the Quantum to replace the Peugeot seats that are so heavy I can barely lift them & buying new saets fo the Stylus, but a quick investigation showed that was going to come in at around £1000 & I'm WAY too mean for that.
Option 2 is to cut the head restraints off the current seats, add a new GRP flange to the cut area to restore the strength & then make head restraints to atach to the roll bar. Far more "me" & almost £free which co-incidentally is one of my favourite prices.
So this morning I sauntered out to the garage to get on with this surgery & immediately got distracted by the electrics, the result of which is that I've spent all day trying to understand someone else' idea of circuit design.
For example, just before I came in, I was checking circuits & the screen washers had stopped working. I'd listed all the fuses earlier on, so checked the other things on the same fuse - all OK. I traced the wiring from the switch on the transmission tunnel panel to a connector block for the dash (which I'd removed) - onto the dash loom - into another connector block - back into the main loom & on to the wash pump, so it wasn't working because it was disconnected in two places it didn't need to go to.
I will deal with this tomorrow. I also tried to re-instate the wiper stalk, before I did the fix to the stalk itself, I checked the switch part was working, it was. I mended the stalk & now I come to wire it up IT'S NOT BL00DY WORKING! (Sigh)
I'll sort it out.
The basic problem is a number of owners with different ideas working on it - it needs a proper sorting out - which it's geting, but it feels like I'm not making a huge amount of progress.
I did find the ECU was bolted to a 1/2kg alloy plate in the footwell so that got the heave-ho & I've also removed almost a kg of unecessary wiring / relays / switches / gauges, so at least now when I look down behind the dash, I can see mostly what's there.
Total weight removed from the car 12.2kg - or almost 2%.