Friday 7 August 2020

More Better News

Yesterday I re-fitted the gear selector & the clutch quadrant, both things made a little difference - not as much as I'd hoped, but the car's drivable now at least. Today it passed the MoT - bit of a formality really as it filed in two joints & I'd replaced all four. Then I took my ex-next-door nieghbour for a spin, he was impressed & tomorrow I'll finish off the gear linkage - the new bushes arrived today, so I can get that all done finished - been TOO HOT this afternoon.

I may wash it - It's coveed in greasy hand prints.

On a side issue, I've been working on an estimate for a work package & upon my return from the MoT I thought I'd better look it up, see if I needed to do anything. When I got to the bottom of the last page I saw the Boss' name & "Managing Director" alongside my name & "Chief Design Engineer" - which was nice - & made me chuckle because I'm the only design engineer.

My Mum would be proud. From now on I shall answer only to "Sir".

No comments:

Post a Comment