Wednesday 22 March 2017

Boot Lid Progress

With a lot of hours to lose at work & parts than needed dropping from one site to another, I found myself with an afternoon at home.
 
I mixed up some GRP resin & put some mat under & over the aluminium beams. I also put some mat round the two big foot fasteners that will (hopefully) pull the forward corners down.
 
 
 
 
 
There are gaps under the rear beam, with the GRP forming a thin "skin at back & front. This is deliberate, when I’ve confirmed the fit, I’ll fill the void with expanding foam.
 
With a very low temperature in the garage, it took ages for the resin to go off & needed a helping hand from the hot air paint stripper. But go off it did & it's currently resting across the screen & roll bar to harden up properly.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment