Thursday 12 October 2017

A Little Progress

I've been trying to do a little to the car every day, so to recap the last few days:-

I took off the original Suzuki pulley & found it had a second job driving a return spring, so I made up a "washer" with the tabs needed to do the same job, if you look at the picture, there's a vee between the top of the bracket & the spring, well the washer / spring is above the point of the vee.

I've also made an aluminium angle to act as a stop for the cable outers & made up a "peg" screwed into the engine block to anchor the main return spring. So far the movement seems pretty smooth, but the next job is to connect the new shaft up to the Throttle Bodies & disconnect each TB from the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment