Monday 9 May 2011

Not Much Going On

So, what's been going on in Blatterworld?
 
Well, I took the Rickman to Stoneliegh as a back-up vehicle for the SKCC's road trip. So it was full to the gunwales with Burgers, Baps, Bacon & Beer, The trip went well enough except that the Fridge still has no fifth gear - on the way home I did manage to engage top by matching the engine speed to the car's speed & letting the clutch up very VERY slowly.
 
Since then I've had an e-mail from someone interested in buying the fridge - but he's in Yorkshire, I've heard tell of another couple of people who may want it, but I don't know if they're any more local yet.
 
Decorating the kitchen / diner has occupied all my blatting time this weekend so the Fury hasn't left the garage. The trickle of new parts has continued, with a sump gasket arriving & a clutch on order. When the redundancy money arrives (six days - wahoo!) the trickle will become more of a flood, with the first big thing to be a "long first" heavy duty gearbox from BGH, then the Fury's box can go in the Ranger & I can sell it with a clear conscience.

No comments:

Post a Comment