... Well - allow me to qualify that. The Stylus is NOT nearly finished, however the tasks I set myself to have it ready in case I needed to take it on the road trip to Wales are nearly finished.
As the dash neared completeness I looked at the shift lights. When I got the car there were two of them on "trailing leads", I only wanted one & I wanted it screwed down. Putting it on a battery I found there are two arrays in each, a greenish yellow one & a red one, but couldn't find how they were wired until I realised that the ECU drives one set & the rev-counter drives the other, so the two arrays are sequential.
Having sorted that out it was a simple matter to draw up a dash top pod to mount the light in & print it. Sounds simple, but you're looking at the thick end of a day's work there.
Also on the Stylus' job card today was a pair of Daytime Running Lights, they arrived from China a day or two ago & are the type I used on the Fury & the Quantum, they are just very bright LEDs in a small aluminium fitting with a thread on the back. I made up a couple of brackets, painted them matt black & mounted them in the radiator intake - where they vanished. That's what I wanted, ignition on & they are VERY difficult to ignore, ignition off & they're almost impossible to see. No photos yet as they're not wired up.
On the Quantum side of the equation, there was a club run to Cheddar on Sunday which saw the car no only keep up easily, but also achieve 38mpg on the blatt & over 40 on the way home. However I was getting concerned about the 3D printed throttle body adapter plate. It was working just fine, but looked a little "Salvador Dali", so having said at the time that the adaptor could ONLY be made by 3D printing, yesterday I made one in the garage from aluminium sheets - I'm that good. It's been tested & works, the only thing is I can't find my roll of gasket paper, so one of the interfaces is a cereal packet, but it's only cold air, so it's fine for now.