Saturday 1 April 2023

Adding Mass

Yes, not like me I know.

It's been a while since I posted on here because a/ I've been away & b/ it's rained - a lot, so there's not been much chance to get out in the car. It did go out last week over to the very good Silvesters Garage near Guildford for an MoT - all my cars have gone there for the last 30 years & they are both very good at what they do & trustworthy. It passed & the tester was kind enough to say it's the best Stylus he's tested this yea...... WAIT A MINUTE!

The "away" was a trip to Wales with my son & his family, I rented a house between Llangollen & Corwen as none of them had ever been to Wales & that put us closeish to the coast & Snowdonia, so my grandson & I hunted dragons in Conwy castle (there must be one - it's on the flag above the turret!) went on a steam train & a horse drawn boat & looked at sharks in the aquarium (he's not quite three). I loved every minute.

Back to the car. A spur-of -the-moment purchase of a fire extinguisher has added a couple of kg, I've mounted it on the rear parcel shelf so it's out of the way enough, but close to hand if required & I've also installed a sound system (sort of). A £10 purchase on ebay, it's a little gadget that takes a bluetooth signal from a phone (music or phone) & re-transmits it on FM. The inter-car radios we use have a facility to receive FM & mute it when a message comes in or goes out, so I can send music to the headphones from my phone - which is good, but the gadget also has an SD card slot, so carries it's own MP3 supply, it comes on & plays with ignition & a touch of the orange button on the radio plays it through the headphones. So this afternoon's job was to move the radio to somewhere I could reach it from the driver's seat.

This looked like a tricky one until I found a P-clip & made up a bracket to hold the radio on the roll bar. The radio should work better there as it's not in front of a vertical aluminium sheet.
 

With the first big trip of 2023, a school friends trip to Devon only two weeks away & the first proper road trip (the "Jam On Top" tour) only three weeks away, all this is coming together nicely

No comments:

Post a Comment