Friday 24 November 2017

It Works!

IT WORKS it works, it works, it works, it works, it works....



.....And I'm quite pleased about it.

Having finished all the linkage and the throttle stop that I kept forgetting about - and the airbox mountings & the stowage for the air-bleed hoses, I took the car off the drive & drove it up the cul-de-sac & back a couple of times & the non-linear action of the linkage works a treat, much much easier to drive slowly as the first 1/2 of the pedal travel only opens the butterflies 1/4, so when you need good control over the butterfly angle you have it, when you want a bootfull of throttle, they open much quicker, but the rate constantly varies from 2:1 at idle to 1:2 at wide open throttle, so there should be no nasty surprises mid-corner.

It has exposed a bit of a flat-spot just as the throttles are opening, but that's always been there & should be an ECU fix. I'll need to drive it properly to fully gauge it, but so far, so good. The pedal is as light as a maiden's sigh, so I may need some heavier springs on the pedal, or I may just get used to it.

I've now taken the clutch pedal off the car as that's my next project.

No comments:

Post a Comment