Sunday 23 September 2012

Grilleing

Hello good people of Blogland, it's been a while since I posted, because it's been a while since I had anything to post. But I have news at last.

In one of the previous missives I may have suggested that my job was not all it should be - well that's got worse, so I'll not mention it again for fear of this becoming a rant. I shall confine my ramblings to the car.

I've fitted a front grille, much as before it's well inside the "mouth" of the car, so the grille wires don't reduce the area for air to pass, & it's all painted black so it can't be seen. I've also almost finished the rear valance infill panel. as the GRP is so thin - less that a mm - it distorted out of shape after it was cut, so to avoid a wobbly edge where it met the existing shell, I've cut a series of vents & grilled them, so it only gets close to the shell where it's bolted. It looks like this:-

From the inside showing the grilles clamped for glueing
From the outside, the centre bay needs a little more paint

No comments:

Post a Comment