Monday 29 May 2023

RogueRunners '23 - Day1

 With apologies for the tardiness - usually I write these things as I go, but this year there just wasn't the time.

For me RR23 began a little differently as I drove to the breakfast meet direct, so saving myself an hour & a half's driving (& the cost of crossing the Thames in the tunnel). I timed it well, arriving at the fuel stop just as the others did mostly did - on of the Elises had failed to start - a minor matter of an immobiliser battery. At breakfast we were joined by Robert & Linda so the tour had officially begun.

After not long at all Roger & the reluctant Elise caught us up, but the first bit is always a slog, mile after mile of A1(M), but eventually we got on the "A" roads & in Cumbria we visited the Keilder reservoir in ones & twos, the sun came out & the roads got better & better. New boy Richard was beginning to see why we come this far.


We arrived at "The Glen" tired & hungry, Robert's car was still overheating, but it kept going, Roger handed out this years special home made commemorative coaster & it felt like the trip had begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment