Sunday 31 January 2016

Speedo Woes & Looking Back

The speedo - yes.

The car has an electronic speedo, it was driven by four magnets on the propshaft, not very satisfactorily, so I bought a sender to blt to the old speedo cable output from the gearbox, that worked far more reliably, but not so accurately, showing just less that 50% of the car's speed when the speedo was adjusted to the max.

So I bought a "Speedo DRD" from America, & fitted that, now the speedo doesn't work at all. I need to contact the makers to see if anything can be done.

Another focus of my attention has been the high level mirror. It's only needed on the continent because luggage on the rack stops me seeing behind well enough to pull out onto dual carriage ways, so I cobbled together a bullet mirror to fit onto the screen arch through the soft top mounting holes.

Then I changed the way the soft top attaches & there were no holes.

So I have fitted a GoPro quick release to the centre top of the screen & designed the thing in the picture slide into that. It should allow me to see over the luggage & roll bar to check for cunning Frenchies sneaking up in the blind spot.

And one more thing to report:-

IT'S TAXED FROM TOMORROW!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment