Saturday 29 October 2011

Busy Week

I've been off work this week (hurrah!), but my wife (as they do) had plans for me, so the play room & utility have been decorated, the stairs & hall have been finished, & I've tiled behind the cooker. None of this is significant of course. What IS important is that I've also just about finished the engine mounts for the Zetec.

I made up the near-side one first as that was the most difficult, & my welding seemed to be even more lousy than usual - & I cut the main tube too short - BUT, I got there in the end, & a little body filler & some paint works wonders.
Then dear reader I moved on to the off-side mount, by this time I'd had some practise & my welding, having come on in leaps & bounds, had improved to the extent that without a word of exaggeration I'd describe it as "mediocre".
It needs a fair bit of trimming & reinforcing yet, but so far, so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment